Re: FW: Rough idle, #2 ain't firing...

Subject: Re: FW: Rough idle, #2 ain't firing...
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:13:51 -0500
>Brian:

>Keep in mind that the first place you have to start with on the SU is the
>float level.  Float level is the 'gross' mixture adjustment.  If this is
>off, no amount of 'fine' mixture adjustment with the idle mixture adjustment
>will fix the problem.

Be sure to check the rotor and cap. If it's electrical, no amount of
messing with the carbs will fix it. ;>)

I'd suggest using an ohmmeter of some sort and check for continuity fro
the contact inside the cap, with the plug wire attached, and through the
wire to the plug end of the wire. Also check the inside of the cap, under
strong light, for carbon tracks. They'll mess you up very easily and can
be very hard to see.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas