Caravans Galore!

To: DonBuckles@sdaccess.com, pmesmer3@home.com, MAbrego@marcusmillichap.com,
Subject: Caravans Galore!
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:28:41 -0700
Hello All,

Quite a flurry of activity in the old mailbox as people are gearing up for
Solvang. I just want to take this opportunity to issue a public thank you to
Joe Roach for organizing this event. Folks, if you have never organized an
event like this, you have no idea...

It looks as though the really Southern California crowd are going to hook up
with me in Santa Monica and then take the Coast Route up towards Santa
Barbara. There will be a stop along Pacific Coast Highway for gasoline,
food, and general pit stop. It should be a nice drive up the coast and I
encourage everyone to meet at the Sears Parking lot by 1 PM to hook up for
points North!

It's easy to find: Just take the I-10 into Santa Monica and take the 4th/5th
street exit. Stay left on the ramp and take the 4th street lane. Turn right
onto 4th street. You will see a Sears store on your left and a parking lot
entrance on your right. Turn right into the parking lot. If you pass
Colorado Blvd. you've gone too far.

There has been some talk about caravaning home on Sunday. I won't be able to
because I am heading home right after the show because of the West Coast Z
nationals show on Sunday Morning. However, I hope people do hook up for a
caravan home on Sunday. It's the only way to travel.

For those of you coming to the Nationals with me, I am planning a caravan
for that show as well. I intend to meet at the Irvine Spectrum and then
caravan up the I-5 to the City of Orange for the show. I plan to meet at 9
am and then head up for the show. For those of you who want to just go
directly to the show, I will provide directions for you. Right now, I have
about 6 people planning to come the Z nationals with me. I hope more
roadsters decide to come.

To get to the Spectrum,

Take the I-405 (either way) to Irvine Center Dr. You will see the Spectrum
on the Northern side of I-405. The other side is Strawberry fields so you
won't want to go there. The first light after the exit turn right into the
spectrum and look for my white 1964 1500. I would like to leave for the
nationals at 9 am sharp, so please try to get there asap.

If you would like to come later to the nationals, here is the directions.
Don't worry, I'll save a spot for you... ;-)
To get there:

Take the I-5 North to the 57 North
Take the Orangewood Ave. Exit
Turn Right and go to Main st.
Turn Left and go to Collins Ave.

If you are coming from the North, you can take I-5 south to the 91 east and
then catch the 57 South. Then catch the Orangewood exit.

They close off Collins Ave. between Main and Batavia Streets for the show.
This will be a great show to see and to particpate in. They will open the
street for participants at 8 AM. I figure we will arrive at about 9:30 am. I
hope to see as many people as possible there!

Lots of caravans and lots of fun! I look forward to seeing everyone at
Solvang and at the nationals!

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex