Grand Day out at the Coast

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grand Day out at the Coast
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 23:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I should have been working, at least that is what my work demon
told me. however, blue skies and warm weather told me otherwise. A
female hinting, "I wanna go to the beach" had a lot to do with it too.

So, what choice does a fellow have? off we went!
Took the twisty backroads from the San Fernando Valley into the canyons
of Malibu, ending up on the pacific coastline.

Stopped for lunch at this sandwich joint on PCH (pacific coast highway)
and ran into a fellow that worked at a shop that had just today bought
a 74 260Z.  he was having PO problems. someone monkeyed with the hood
release and his hood was stuck. I of course, helped him fix it.

Funny thing, he told me he always wanted a roadster, but couldn't
afford one so bought a Z instead. They are all good, I told him.
gave him info on his carbs, (as in throw them away, and get some "real"
SUs not the coffe canister kind he had). turned him on to CDM, and in
short made a new friend.

The thing with Datsuns is this; Even if you have nothing else in the
world in common with someone, you have the love of these machines in
common, and for that time even though breif, all the other human
bullshit is transcended, and you can be great buddies with a total
stranger....I think it is great!

left there, then spotted a 66 at a gas station on PCH in Malibu. It was
white and clean looked all intact, original, and even had the original
exhaust tip.
The car turned out to not run and hadn't been registered since '96.
It belonged to the owner of the gas station's son. any one on the list?
at any rate, I got the name and # and will contact them.

Headed back up the coast, found more twistys and headed home.

All in all, it's the best way I can find for many hours of cheap
entertainment. Where can you have fun all day long for a couple of
bucks and some food ( which you would have to eat anyway).

No where, except in a Roadster!!!
It was a Grand Day Out!!!

Enjoy the ride,
Roman