Over charging battery

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Over charging battery
From: "Craig Odell" <CDADDYO@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:33:14 -0700
List,

My battery is being overcharged. It bubbles and hisses at me when I shut off
the engine and my gauge reads 30+ while driving at RPM's above 1200. Is this
a problem with the voltage regulator or the alternator, or is it possibly
both? I changed the V-regulator and the problem almost went away but I can
tell by my in dash gauge that there is still a background problem. The gauge
reads 30+ for a short time when I first start the car, then it comes down to
just above center zero. Is it time for a new alternator? If so, what causes
the supercharging alternator? TIA.

Craig Odell
68 2000
67 1600 (Brand new family member)