Re: datsun-roadsters-digest V1 #1123

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: datsun-roadsters-digest V1 #1123
From: "Mark Hatch" <mhatch@ics.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:46:41 -0400
I put the larger sway bar I bought from Dean at Fairlady on my 69'2000. The
kit was excellent and the parts were of good quality. However, I ran into
three problems:
1) The sway bar mounts were slightly out of position. One of the previous
owners must have hit something that pushed the mount *slightly* out of
position. It was not noticible by eye until you held up the new bar.
2) The new bushings were larger than the existing ones. Perhaps the
originals were as large and they compressed due to pressure or age? In any
case, the solution was to get larger bolts that could attache the lower
retaining plate into the sway bar mounting. Once I squeezed the bushing with
the longer bolts, I removed one bolt and then replaced it with the
appropriate length. Then repeated this operation for the other three bolts.
I probably could have kept the original bolts, but maybe not???
3) I had to perform the same trick with the retainer that held the sway bar
to the lower A-Arm. Longer bolt to get things into position, and then
replaced with proper sized bolt.

I also upgraded all the bolts to grade 8...

Mark
69'2000 Solex