Re: gas pedal blues

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gas pedal blues
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 10:08:20 -0500
>> Paul :

>> Before I crawl under the dashboard (again), is there an adjustment on the
>> height of the gas pedal off the firewall?

>Mike:

>No, but you can try bending the arm of the gas pedal, but the downside is
>you'll lose travel, but there is a bolt and nut that limits the travel to
>the floor that can be adjusted to gain back the travel lost to some extent.

Don't remember if the 1600 and 2000 use cable or mechanical linkage, but
be careful about adjusting that stop bolt on the floorboard down too far.
Pretty sure that one of its functions is to keep the throttle plates and
shafts, along with some of the adjustment screws, from being the limiting
factors in how far the carbs will open up.

I'm pretty sure the bolt needs to be adjusted so that it it allows the
carbs and linkage to go wide open, but just a tiny bit short of binding
and twisting.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)