Re: OT [Was: Who Drives What ?]

To: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Subject: Re: OT [Was: Who Drives What ?]
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:51:59 -0400
Gary,

I have visited a few shops and looked at a number of kits.  I really want
the 289 street or 289 FIA model, but they are expensive to buy and hard to
find (few folks make them).  There is a company nearby that makes the 427
body (outstanding fiberglass work btw) that may get the nod.  This project
is a LONG way off.  It will be after the 1500 and 2000 are done.  BUT, I
have collected a lot of cool stuff for it - 289 standard bore motor (no
ridge in the cylinders that I can feel - I was the first person to remove
the heads as well!) 2 toploader 4 speeds (one close and one wide ratio),
original open letter Cobra valve covers, lights, aircleaner, etc, etc, etc.
Man, how do I get into these money pits!!

Sid