muffler heat shield?

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: muffler heat shield?
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:42:24 -0700
On my 70 1600 I noticed some clips under the floor board and directly
over the muffler.  Was there ever a heat shield between the
muffler and floor board?  Last fall, the first cold morning when I
started the car and left it on full choke and with a high idle to warm
up the engine, I soon had a funny smell coming from the floor carpet
as it began to melt.  I put a piece of sheet metal under the carpet
and it helps on those cool morning warmups.

daveS

took the roadster to work last friday with what I thought was a
forcast of snow showers turning to rain.  On my way to work the
forcast had changed to 4-6 inches of snow by evening.  The snow
started at about 10:30 am and I declared a roadster emergency and left
for home a 35 mile drive.  When the snow stopped Saturday morning we
had another 14" so I gues its back to the snowmobile for another
couple days....