RE: no tail running lights

To: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Subject: RE: no tail running lights
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:30:58 -0500
If the red main beam light on the speedo comes on, you've got power to the
light switch.  next thing to check is if you've got power coming out of the
switch.  There should be a Green/White wire coming out of the switch which
provides power to both the taillights and the dash lights.  That's your
suspect.  put the switch in an on position.  If you've got a volt meter just
put the probe on the GW wire's terminal on the switch and see if you've got
voltage.  Likely that you don't.  If you don't it's the switch.  If you
don't have a volt meter, you can bypass the switch by contacting the GW wire
to the (should be) Red.  The diagram that Gordon has posted on his web site
is different and shows the GW as being the power to the switch but that
diagram doesn't show any wire going from the switch to the dash lights/or
tail lights
Let me know if your wires don't match what I've described and I'll take a
look at my switch tonight (also a 69 2000)
Brian