Re: OT- Taking a queue from Aston Martin

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT- Taking a queue from Aston Martin
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:55:27 +1000
I really don't understand why Nissan feels the need to build a new Z car. They
have the new S15 Silvia which looks better than any Z car ever built and has
just won the European Performance Car of the Year award and the Australian
Performance Car of the Year. Also they have the Skyline GT-R, which would kick
to death any Z car ever made. For a company in deep financial trouble it seems
wrong to add another performance car to it's current product line, the only
thing they are likely to achieve is to take sales away from the Skyline and
Silvia. If you see the photos of the upcoming R35 Skyline GT-R and compare them
to the new Z concept, the Z looks like nothing more than a hairdressers car.
My 2c worth, stepping down off my soapbox now.
Alan Bent  -  Mapleton, Queensland, Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311-01060   - *  1965 Silvia  CSP311-70231
1966 Fairlady  SP311-00925  - *  1964 Fairlady  4-SP310-00134
1964 Fairlady  4-SP310-00134 * 1964 Cedric Wagon  4-WP31-50620
1963 Bluebird  P312-3-32984   * 1963 Bluebird  P312-3-39741
1963 Cedric  G31-3-07024       * 1964 Cedric Wagon  4-WP31-51579
1969 Super Six  G130-005415  *
Early Datsun Homepage  http://www.geocities.com/olddat
Nissan Silvia Homepage  http://www.angelfire.com/ns/silvia
Planet Cedric                 http://nav.to/planetcedric