Re: Autocross Results

To: HIGHKIX4@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Autocross Results
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:18:51 -0800 (PST)
HInts on cheap tires for racing (from someone who can
go through 3-5 sets a year). Find a Miata guy or other
small car person and make friends with them. When they
are getting ready to buy a new set, tell them you will
either take their old ones for a small fee if they
will swap over before they are completely worn out. I
made friends with a guy who changed his tires when the
"R" tire was about 1/2 gone. I made the deal that I
would pay to have the olds ones taken off and the new
ones put on. So for $40 generally I could get a set of
tires that would last me 5-7 events. Now after getting
to the piont where I am competitve I invest in new
tires When I can. A set for me is about $175 per.

Don Miller
68 turbo V-6
70 2000
75 911S that won't go away.