Re: old glass properties

To: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: Re: old glass properties
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:25:15 -0800 (PST)
OK, I don't want to start a real big thread here, but this is false.
If glass "flowed" down, it would overflow it's frame and "drip" onto
the house, which it has never done.  Take a look at the oldest window
glass you can find and you'll see this never happens.

They were made in a much more manual and imprecise fasion in the past,
and they had imperfections and waves.  The thicker side was put down
because it wouldn't make any sense to put it up; it is much more stable
putting it down.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/