Little about this and that

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Little about this and that
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:17:31 +0000
A good machine shop is Elgin Techcraft in Redwood City.  They worked on
my U20 head. Mr Elgin is very respected in the cam business. If that
interests you, they are at 55 Perry St. p.n. 650-364-0953
Congratulations Annette, you will love your little beastest. My
roadsters name is Sadie, and she is no lady! Her rear quarter panels are
flared, makes her curvy, and she loves to boogie !
Diana, A lot depends on the driver, ask Mike Carrion about a little
white 1600. :-O   Seriously, sounds like a 2000 might be the ticket or a
stroker 1600, or a roadster with a more modern engine, or... Am I
helping? Maybe you should meet with the people going on the BADROC run
on April 7th, talk to Mike Carrion, Ken Pletcher if he is going, or
anyone else that makes it. A 1600 is fun in and around town, and I hear
pretty good in the hills. I have a 2000 and 1600s at my access, and like
them both for different reasons. I think if you spend a fair amount of
time on the freeway you would want the 2000 or at least a 1600 with a 5
speed. As you know, Bay Area traffic can cruise in the mid 70s to mid
80s when its flowing. Not that  a 4 speed 1600s can't do that, but they
do get a little buzzy. Speaking of buzzy, Sadie is in LifeTime Muffler
today getting quieted down. Seems she sings at 97 decibels at 100 ft.
The autocross site finders are concerned about complaints of noise.
Understandable. Had to have her quieter by this Sunday for Candlestick,
or couldn't go dancing.  Nuff said for now.
David Pina