Re: SU carbs

To: <VulForge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: SU carbs
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:28:03 -0500
Russ,

The float lever should contact the float needle at 15mm measured from the
gasket surface.

I use a Colortune by Gunsen to get an initial mixture. Very helpful item but
no longer cheap. The alternative is to adjust the mixture nuts until you get
the highest RPM reading or vacuum reading. Another alternative is to use
those little plungers to raise the piston up. If it's too rich the idle
speed will rise and stay that way; if it's too lean the engine will die; if
it's about right the engine will stumble then resume almost the same speed
but will not die.

As for the rubber, MSC Industrial Supply sells the tubing under the name
Vitube. If you want, I have to go there and I'll pick you up a foot.

Mike