Reliable Roadster

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Reliable Roadster
From: "Wittinger, Eric R" <Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:50:49 -0800
HI list,

I had just come to a realization this past weekend driving home from a
mini-weekend vacation/ job search. That my faithful little roadster has done me
good for the last 81K miles I have put on it in the last 4 years.  There have
only been minimal problems, nothing that wasn't fixable on a weekend.  So while
thinking about this fact that I have put on 81K miles on the car and when I got
it it had 44K on the miles counter ( but from the condition of the car I would
say it was 144K). So adding all that road time up  (with 2 years of auto
crossing mixed in there), I am in need of basically replacing the front end
stuffs. I have already started on this project, new upper arms and tie rods, the
ball joints are still in good shape, but what is in need of work / rebuilding
are my idler arm and steering box.

My little roadster is a 66 1600, so my question here is does anyone out there
have a parts car they can pull these pieces off of that they want to sell or
just get rid off (early steering box and idler arm). I would like to keep
driving my car (my only car) while I rebuild  these pieces.

As for other great things going on, I will be getting my racing license this
month and most likely next month be out on the race track in my G production
roadster racer (PIR, Portland International Raceway).

Eric