Perfect Day for a Run

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Perfect Day for a Run
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:39:47 -0800
Hello All,

We had a good turnout for the Bouquet Canyon Run today. Roadsters, Zs, and a
510 wagon as well as some club members whose cars were down and just wanted
to hang out. We met, drank coffee, and then took off on the run. Roadsters
in attendence:

Gary Cohen               1968 2000 Solex
Victor Laury             1970 2000
Andrew Murphy            1964 1500
Jim Bunte                1967 1600
Fergus O'Farrell         1969 2000
Tom Prather              1969 2000
Stan Wada                1972 240Z

Three awesome Z cars from the GroupZ club came along and we had a great
time. We got separated from most of the Zs when we did a gasoline stop, but
for the most part, stayed together. It was about 75 degrees out with a nice
breeze and the run up Bouquet Canyon was very spirited and the roar of our
engines sounded great in the hills.

We stopped at the rock for lunch and the had a live band with three guys who
cut their teeth on Stevie Ray Vaughn. We had lunch and then went our
separate ways, with Jim Bunte and I taking a VERY cool little twisty that
runs down the mountain to Castaic and the I-5. Very cool.

It was a great warm up for Solvang as well as another event that I will
announce soon.

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex