RE: Perfect Day for a Run

To: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Perfect Day for a Run
From: fairlady <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:56:00 +1000
The good weather must be catching. After weeks of either working or bad
weather I finally got my roadster out on a club run today. With a forecast top
temp of about 26degrees celsius it was time to blow out the cobwebs that had
accumulated in the nine or ten weeks since the car was last out of the garage.

We had 20 roadsters from around the Sydney area on a brunch run to a lovely
little out of the way place called Pearl Beach.

After a spirited run up the old highway Northwe settled in to Restaurant
enjoying the early autumn weather and talking about roadsters and other things
(well, not many other things). On the way home some of stopped at the workshop
of one of our members where we had a look at another roadster restoration in
progress. The car is a 1967.5 1600, is normally a daily driver and still
belongs to the original owner who thought it was time to give the car a spruce
up, The body and chassis are done, the brightwork is underway and the engine
is about to be overhauled. The car should be back on the road in a few months
time.

I just hope the weather is this nice when I go to Solvang.
Phill Brook
(Sydney, Australia)