Re: Removing front fenders on a 70

To: Ben Zech <motormite@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Removing front fenders on a 70
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 06:04:00 -0800
Ben Zech wrote:

> List: I am getting ready to remove the front fenders on my 70.
> How many bolts?
> Any shortcuts?
> Thanks in advance.

Ben,
I just went out to look at my 67.5.
On the left side were 15 bolt holes total.  Right side should be
similar.
2 at the bottom of the fender below the door, down at the rocker panel.
3 along the door hinge post.
1 under the rear part of the fender at the windshield post.
The rest along the hood edge down to the front bumper area.
Looked like one of those bolts needs a socket up under the dash
         somewhere near the firewall.
As for any tips/tricks?
Plus there is the antenna and the headlight wires.
Nuts are under the screws in the engine bay and need a socket to get
undone.
The rest of them along the door had a captured nut welded on the body or
fender.
Bob
67.5