Re: suspension assembly

To: "shifty" <shifty@best.com>,
Subject: Re: suspension assembly
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:45:43 -0500
Leigh,

I hope you have an engine on the frame as it will be very hard to compress
the front spring if there is no weight on the frame. I learned that the hard
way. I had to use threaded rod to bring the lower A frame up so I can bolt
it to the frame. PITA. You could always use bags of sand or concrete.

I used antiseize on all bolts and nylock nuts and of course those stays for
the upper BJs.

I now use synthetic grease on all my cars as it's easier on the rubber parts
and I think better than the Dino stuff.

In the rear make sure you install the rear shock plates correctly. Don't
ask. The plates where the shock mounts should angle toward the upper shock
mount.

Mike