Re: Miata hard top on a roadster?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata hard top on a roadster?
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:22:12 -0700
Many, many years ago, I lived north of Pittsburgh
and bought a set of fiberglass front fenders
for my 240Z from Parrish Plastics,
even drove to their business to pick them up.
The fender construction and flange alignment was so bad
I gave up trying to make them fit the car
and returned them.

They offered to exchange them for another set of fenders,
but I was so frustrated by the whole process
that I put stock steel fenders back on.

At 11:27 AM 3/7/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Paul wrote
>
> >Great top?  Yes!  Miata?  Not quite.  Actually it is a Parrish top made
> >just outside of Pittsburgh, PA.  or I should say, used to be made.  Mr.
> >Parrish sold off the molds and is out of business now.  Teddy Seidenfeld
> >also has one of the Parrish tops on his 2000.
> >  If you want one, and want one very badly, the molds were purchased by the
> >Smooth Line Corporation and they are manufacturing the tops again.
> >http://www.smoothline.com/default.htm   That's the good news.  The bad news
> >is that the prices start at $750 and go over $1000, depending on the finish
> >and interior you order.  Just a bit pricey for me.
> >
> >Paul
> >OROC
>Yikes!  I actually bought a Parrish top about 10 years ago.  It was so
>badly warped, I couldn't use it, and couldn't send it back.  Luckily it
>didn't cost $750!
>
>-Marc T.

>Marc Tyler
>TDROC
>1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
>1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
>1965 L-320   (Still in CA)
>http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
>Sisterdale TX

John Atchison