Re: Miata hard top on a roadster?

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Miata hard top on a roadster?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:27:59 -0600
Paul wrote

>Great top?  Yes!  Miata?  Not quite.  Actually it is a Parrish top made
>just outside of Pittsburgh, PA.  or I should say, used to be made.  Mr.
>Parrish sold off the molds and is out of business now.  Teddy Seidenfeld
>also has one of the Parrish tops on his 2000.
>  If you want one, and want one very badly, the molds were purchased by the
>Smooth Line Corporation and they are manufacturing the tops again.
>http://www.smoothline.com/default.htm   That's the good news.  The bad news
>is that the prices start at $750 and go over $1000, depending on the finish
>and interior you order.  Just a bit pricey for me.
>
>Paul
>OROC
Yikes!  I actually bought a Parrish top about 10 years ago.  It was so
badly warped, I couldn't use it, and couldn't send it back.  Luckily it
didn't cost $750!

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
1965 L-320   (Still in CA)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX