remove paint

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: remove paint
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:31:31 -0800 (PST)
My car is originally Sora Blue and was painted white.  The front
fenders were replaced and the white paint is flaking off from both the
fenders (where they end under the hood) and other parts of the car,
revealing reddish primer and blue paint, respectively.  In many places
I can scrape the paint off with my fingernails.

Is there something I can use other than scraping or sanding it to
remove the white paint without damaing the surface under it?  Would a
regular paint stripper work?  I would prefer not to remove the original
blue paint at this time.

Also, it appears the underside of the front fenders was just left
primered.  Should it be painted the same as the top side, or is there
something else I should use?

Thanks,
Adam
'70 1600