ease of seat removal (oops, OT)

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: ease of seat removal (oops, OT)
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:27:54 -0800
Hey all,
no there is no way to remove the seats unless you unbolt from the bottom.
Considering how difficult it is to contort my large frame in order to look
under the dash, I have considered making a rack that would bolt to the
floor, and attach a rack to the seat that would use industrial ball-lock
pins between the two racks.  Then you could easily over-design it to hold
the forces in shearing of the pin, but be easily removeable.  The bad part
is that it I cannot give up the 1" decrease in headroom, no way no how.
>From driving the car over the weekend, I am thinking of making a mount to
move the inside rear view mirror up above windshield height, because I find
myself using the part of the windshield ABOVE THE MIRROR. (not uncommon for
me in small cars, in fact I drive my Ford Ranger, most of the time looking
thru the blue part of the windshield). I considered a Dodge Dakota, but
couldn't see past the hood when sitting upright.
sorry, got a little OT there,
Fergus O