Re: tranny rear seal tricks

To: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: Re: tranny rear seal tricks
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:15:46 -0800
on the 4 speed a quick flick of a screwdriver pops out the old seal
and an nice smooth piece of 2X4 and gentle taps with a hammer put the
new seal in.
If you take the old seal out gently, as to not destroy the numbers,
your local industrial supplier of bearings and other power
transmission stuff can cross reference and you get a new one without
ordering thru dealers for $2-$3
daveS