Re: tranny rear seal tricks

To: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: Re: tranny rear seal tricks
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:07:59 -0500
Fergus,

Get your impact wrench out, oil it up, and let it fly on the rear nut. I
tried getting the nut off with a breaker bar but it was pretty well frozen.
Also a seal puller would help to get out the old one and a dirt the size of
the seal to drive the new one in. I like to grease up the outside of the
seal for a smoother entry. Try to keep the seal as square as possible when
driving it in.

Boost up the car from the rear and you won't have to drain the tranny.
Remember there's a cotter pin holding the nut on although with an imact gun
that would be ripped apart if you choose not to remove it, but then you'll
have to get the little bits out.

Remember to mark the relationship of the drive shaft.

Mike