Shorting Ignition Switch

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shorting Ignition Switch
From: JLBrooksNC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:51:42 EST
The Roadster is hard to start, when I turn the key nothing happens, the lights
don't dim, the needle on the meter doesn't move. But I find that by wiggling
the switch (behind the key while the key is turned) my 1968 2L will turn over.
Help?
So does that leave me with 5 options?

1 Repair the switch (just the can part, any hints?)
2 Replace the switch (anyone have an extra switch)
3 Replace with New switch (Vendors?)
4 Replace with substitute (Didn't someone just ask about this?)
5 Keep wiggling and muttering under my breath (not adding to my "Quality of
Life")

TIA
John Brooks
68 2L
Winston-Salem, NC

BTW...I asked for responses off line to the hot wire trick because I didn't
want it to common knowledge to a casual observer. No one responded off line...
Knowledge can be a powerful thing...