Re: Roadster differences between years

To: chriss@euregio.net, haugchiro@moscow.com, mickth@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: Roadster differences between years
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:53:14 -0500
Bob has it close to right.  The alloy drums became standard on both the 1600
and the 2000 with the 1967.5 models.  You can retrofit the steel drums with
no problem, but putting the alloy drums on can cause interference with the
backing plate.  Prior to the 67.5 model, there were no torque struts.  With
the 67.5, all had the torque strut.  Also there was the change to the dual
master cylinder.  Frames have some unique differences (reinforced and
weakened with the 68+ cars so that they will fold up properly in a head on
collision for example) but they should all interchange.  The early 1500 may
be an exception because of the torque strut issue.  The spring change in the
rear also occurred in the 67.5 model.  The steering box changed some time
during the 69 model year, and the crossmember is different as a result.

All that I remember at first blush - I am sure that there is more.

Sid