engine swap option

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine swap option
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:21:51 -0800
It struck me that there was much discussion about the Buick 215 V8, and I
remembered and former co-worker who had a Jensen Healey, and he had said
that many of that crowd install a Buick v-6.  So I went searching Jensen
sites and lists and didn't find squat. Anyone got info on this engine?
Personally, I love the U-20 performance, and would love to try auto-x, but
my 2nd gear synchro is in "milk the miles before rebuild" mode, so that is
out.  When it comes time for high-$ timing chain job, I am currently tending
toward a cast-off L20B or the later model truck engine (KA24?), as 5500 RPM
is great but my grins are just as big at 3500.  (although I was on an
industrial website the other day and noticed the forklift said Datsun on the
back and that caused me to reconsider)
mindless rambling again,
Fergus O
note: lots of SoCal rain have brought out several roadster ads on the
recycler.com site.