RE: Synthetic oil (long)

To: "'bob_wilson@agilent.com'" <bob_wilson@agilent.com>, horne@cs.utexas.edu
Subject: RE: Synthetic oil (long)
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:43:25 -0600
A lot of people do just as you say Bob and get good service out of their
cars.  Generally you only loss a = and maybe a full quart changing the
filter only - depending on the size of the filter and orientation.  Longer
oil changes using a synthetic is a benefit, but the greatest benefits are
reduced wear, maintains viscosity at high temps, flows better (much better)
at cold temps, and suspends dirt much better - just to name a few.  This is
especially important on older motors,  high RPM, turbo motors, or if you
drive at all hard.  Personally I like knowing I have the best in my Roadster
as it hits 6500 RPM.  The cost of a good synthetic is small in Roadster
land:-)

Phil