Re: Synthetic oil (long)

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Synthetic oil (long)
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:43:24 -0600
Thanks for the inside information, it will be really helpful!  I run my
67.5 about 12K/yr and am leaning towards Mobil-1 after I rebuild my
engine (and break in).  I will probably extend the time the oil is in
the engine, possibly 10k, but will continue to replace the filter at 3.3K
to keep the solids down.  Any feeling on this?

After reading the subjective oil filter tests that was posted here some time
back I will also probably go with the Mobil-1 oil filter also, unless something
better has been found.

My roadster is my daily driver and I want to keep it as reliable as I can.
I would rather put $$ into it than put much more into a new car that is not
anywhere close to as fun to drive, let alone not nearly as robust!

Thanks for the good work!

Peace,
Pat

--

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner