Re: New Roadster from Nissan (long)

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Roadster from Nissan (long)
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:22:29 -0600
Andrew Jacobs wrote

>So many negative thoughts on the new z are surprising to me.
>
>but to set the record straight as i understand it:
>
>--the new z was designed as a coupe AND convertible from the
>beginning, so i don't think it will be a "a chopped coupe with big
>steel beams welded in"

Glad to hear it won't be a chop job, still at "under $30,000" read
$29,999.99,
It's WAY too expensive.

> to me it seems that nissan went
>in the right direction by trying to go back to the 240z recipe--i.e. a
>relatively light weight (rumored to be 2600-2800lbs), n.a. powered,
>affordable car with a mind towards pure sportiness rather than gt
>luxury.

2600-2800 Pounds doesn't strike me as particularly light, nor does "Under
$30,000" Strike me as particularly affordable.  IMHO.

I'm happy for the folks who like it, there's something exciting for them
to look forward to, but if it doesn't float my boat, I don't think I
should be required to be silent on the subject.

...Now, about that Mini :-)

-Marc

Pessimism is only the name that men of weak nerves give to wisdom

-Mark Twain