Re: New Roadster from Nissan (long)

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Roadster from Nissan (long)
From: "Andrew Jacobs" <legal-z@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:30:50 -0500
So many negative thoughts on the new z are surprising to me.

but to set the record straight as i understand it:

--the new z was designed as a coupe AND convertible from the
beginning, so i don't think it will be a "a chopped coupe with big
steel beams welded in"

--in addition, the coupe is supposed to be priced starting under $30k.
imho that is extremely reasonable for a car that is supposed to have
260-300 hp, all of today's safety features and performance to match or
better a vast majority of cars on the road.--and in addition to all of
that the service schedule will probably consist only of oil changes
every 5k miles for at least the first 50k miles.

--i am baffled why so many people are condemning this car before it is
even shown in final production form.  to me it seems that nissan went
in the right direction by trying to go back to the 240z recipe--i.e. a
relatively light weight (rumored to be 2600-2800lbs), n.a. powered,
affordable car with a mind towards pure sportiness rather than gt
luxury.  i owned and loved a 91 twin turbo, but in the end, those cars
were selling for almost $50k--to now get the same power to weight
ratio as a twin turbo for $30k or less seems like a great deal to me.

just my thought on the subject
andy
69 2000
71 240z