Solex Carb Questions?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex Carb Questions?
From: bob_wilson@agilent.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:39:06 -0700
Hi List,

I am making a stroker from my '70 1600 engine.  I have new 40mm solex carbs
and the appropriate manifold that fits them to my 1600 engine (which now has
the new crank and connecting rods to make it a stroker).

Questions:

1) Bakelite Spacer between Solex and Manifold needed?
Do I need a spacer (bakelite?) between the carbs and the intake manifold?
On my SU's there are spacers that are about 5/8" thick or so.  The studs on
the manifold for the Solex's are long enough to allow a spacer and I
wondered if I should put them there for some reason?

2) What is Fuel Pressure?
The Solex manual says that the fuel pump pressure needs to be within a
range.  Does anyone know what the fuel pressure is for our fuel pumps (I am
using the same fuel pump that came on my '70 1600 engine, with a new
diaphram).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Wilson