Solvang 2001 reg form

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solvang 2001 reg form
From: Joseph Roach <jroach@qualcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:06:28 -0800
Hello,
It's time to start getting geared up for the Solvang 2001 show. Shown below
is the flyer and registration form. If you prefer, I can send you the Word
file for printing out ... just send me a reply. So, start booking your
hotel rooms and send me your reg forms as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Joseph Roach
65 1500
San Diego

14th Annual Solvang Datsun Roadster Show

April 28, 2001

Nojoqui Falls Park, Solvang, CA

Greetings! This year the San Diego Datsun roadster club is honored to be
hosting the annual Solvang Show. Given this chance, we're going to try a
few new things that should make for a great weekend. Whether you come for
the day or make a weekend of it, there will be several events to get
together with fellow roadster buddies. We're going to have fun with this
and look forward to seeing you in Solvang!!

Schedule of events

Friday April 27, 2001
12 noon   Cloud Climbers mountain jeep tour ($59/person)
3hr off-road narrated tour to the top of the Santa Ynez mountains for a
spectacular view and a short hike (limited to 18 people)
For more info, see <www.silcom.com/~ccjeeps>

6 pm   Gather at the Big Bopper Drive-In, 1510 Mission Dr, Solvang
7 pm   First night Parade
Get out and welcome fellow roadsterites and parade through the streets of
Solvang, to the Buellton Motel 6, and finish at the Inns of CA
Saturday April 28, 2001
   14th Annual Solvang Datsun Roadster Show
9 am   registration (Nojoqui Falls Park)
9:30 am   car inspection
Have your car functionally fit and earn some fun prizes!
10:30 am   People's choice balloting
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards for 1500, 1600, 2000, & Custom plus Best of
Show and Runner-up
12:30 pm   fun run
or check out Jack Mendenhall's "Museum of Gasoline Pumps" and "Home of the
Dry Lakes Racing Hall of Fame" in Buellton ($10/person)
3 pm   barbecue
4 pm   awards ceremony

Caravaning

One of the best ways to enjoy the Solvang trip is to hit the road with a
bunch of other roadsters. So go ahead, contact one of the clubs in your
area and be part of a caravan to the event.

San Diego roadsters:    Joseph Roach    <jroach@qualcomm.com>
SoCalROC:       Andrew Murphy   <solex67@hotmail.com>
Bay Area (BADROC):      Michael Carion  <CalSpeed@aol.com>
Modesto roadsters:      Paul Smith      (209) 524-3423
Arizona roadsters:      Ron Hamilton    <ej99176@goodnet.com>

Map of Solvang, Buellton and Nojoqui Falls Park
         (Note: to get to Nojoqui Park from Highway 101, take the Old Coast
Road to Alisal Rd)

1b0d3d31.jpg

Places to stay:

Motel 6 -Buellton, 333 McMurray Rd  (805) 688-7797

Inns of California -Solvang, 1450 Mission Dr  (800) 457-5373

Best Western Kronborg Inn -Solvang, 1440 Mission Dr  (800) 528-1234

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson -Solvang, 1455 Mission Dr  (800) 456-4000

Best Western King Frederik Inn -Solvang, 1617 Copenhagen Dr  (800) 549-9955

Rancho Santa Barbara Marriott -Buellton, 555 McMurray Rd  (800) 638-8882

(Note: Due to other shows during the same weekend, motels fill up early!!
Therefore, we advise you to call **now** and get your reservation in, so
that you're guaranteed a room. Be sure to guarantee your room with a credit
card. We do not endorse any of the above establishments and this list is
only provided as informational assistance).

If you have any other questions about the show, call Joseph Roach at (858)
488-3328 or send email to jroach@qualcomm.com.

Please complete and sign this form:

Name(s): ______________________________________________________________

Address: ______________________________________________________________

City: ______________________________________   State: ______   Zip: __________

Telephone #:  ___________________       email : _______________________

Hotel and arrival time: ____________________________________________________

Year __________   (circle)  1500    1600    2000       (check)  Stock
____   Custom ____

**Custom cars have different engines, body modifications. When deciding if
a car is "stock" we do not consider paint color or wheels.

Registration: $10.00 per car, if received on or before April 5th, 2001.
($15 thereafter or on day of show) The price includes registration fee,
dash plaque, awards, park fees, etc.

Barbecue: $14.00 per person (in advance)- Will be held at Nojoqui Falls
Park after the fun run. Features tri-tip steak, chicken, ranch beans,
potato salad, tossed green salads, garlic bread and salsa.

Solvang 2001 T-shirts: $13.00 each (please order in advance to be sure that
you get the size you want) indicate the quantity of each size desired:

Small _____   Med. _____   Lg. _____   XL _____   XXL _____

Order Recap:

Car Show & Fun Run _____@ $10.00/car    $__________

BBQ ____ @ $14.00/head  $__________

Solvang T-shirts _____@ $13.00 ea.      $__________

Grand Total     $__________

Make checks payable to "Joseph Roach"

Send this form and check to:    Joseph Roach
3525 Bayside Lane #A
San Diego, CA  92109
Disclaimer: By reading and signing below, I understand that I am
responsible for my actions, my vehicle and it's contents etc. and hereby
hold harmless and release the San Diego Datsun Roadsters, Joseph Roach and
any other participating organization, their officers, agents and co-
sponsors of any liability for any damage(s) injury or loss of property
during the event weekend of April 28, 2001.

Participant's Signature(s) Dated Participant's Signature(s) Dated

Are you interested in the Friday afternoon jeep tour list?   Yes!
Are you interested in going to Jack Mendenhall's museum? Yes ____    No ____

-

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of 1b0d3d31.jpg]