Brakes. . . again!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes. . . again!
From: Cocairn@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 07:36:50 EST
Dear List:
My brake problems continue.  In removing the pads, one of my new pads came
loose from the metal piece that holds it to the piston.  I noticed, when I
first got the car and took of the very worn pads, that one of those pads also
was separated from the metal piece.
My question is this:  should I
a. replace the single pad?  (where does one get just 1 pad?)
b. try to reglue it back on? (what kind of glue would one use?)
c. not worry about it.

Years ago on my Z there were anti-squeal metal shims that simply fit between
the piston and the pad.  Am I right in assuming that this metal piece is also
for that?
Any and all help would be appreciated.  I'd really like to get this car back
on the road!
Thanks in advance.
Steve Smith
70 2000