Re: My new brakes (almost OT)

To: slick1@mohaveaz.com, csp311@telia.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: My new brakes (almost OT)
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 20:40:33 EST
In a message dated 02/08/2001 4:23:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
slick1@mohaveaz.com writes:

> I don't know if I seen it wrong but to me it looked like the rotors have
> five holes drilled in them.  Kindly tell me how you intend to mount these 5
> hole rotors on a roadster that uses 4 stud axles, Please!  And then How you
> intend to mount these Calipers. I may be wrong but I think you really have a
> Big "HEADACHE&

It's not TOO difficult to convert a car from 4 lugs to 5. You just gotta be a
bit creative sometimes...! I've talked to many people about how to convert
the roadster front hubs to 5 lugs before, and the "swap" has always revolved
around trying to find an alternative hub off another car to use. But I
believe I've found a way to change the existing hub to 5 lugs (it's going to
be next to impossible to find another OEM hub with 5 lugs that would fit over
the roadster's unorthodox front spindle). My plan will require a bit of
turning on a lathe, and a bit of machining, but it should allow me to run 5
lugs, AND locate my front 300ZX TT rotors without resorting to any spacers
etc. We'll see how it turns out...!
BTW, you could also always buy some billet 4 to 5 lug adapters and run higher
offset wheels to make up the difference in thickness of the adapters.

\/ /\ /\/
www.sr20parts.com (now live)
ARES Engineering (coming soon)