Re: engine options

To: "Marc Sayer" <marcsayer@home.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine options
From: "Helter Skelter" <helterskelter@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:38:52 -0800
the cost for MACHINING a... 302 v8... would be the same as that of a 215
v8... the major difference is the cost for PARTS...
i mean... they both have 5 mains... so the align hone is the same cost...
(aluminum mains are only slightly harder to machine due to having to use
less stone pressure)...
they both are 90 degree decks... so the decking is the same...
they both are v8's... and both have iron cylinders... so the bore and hone
is the same...
crank grind is the same...
valve job the same...
resizing rods and hanging the pistons are the same...

the difference... is 215 parts are sooo expensive...

oh... btw... i work in a machine shop in san diego... ;)
for either 302...350... or 215... machine work... we charge the same
price... it's the parts that really make the difference...

j.bostick
'66 1600
'65 mk 1 cortina v8