Re: A Great Deal Isn't That Without a Title

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: A Great Deal Isn't That Without a Title
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:04:20 -0800
David, What you need to do is first to have a bill of sale from the person
you bought the car from. Second you need to go to your local DMV and
register the car, present your bill of sale, let them know that you have a
lost title.  Lastly if you happen to know a law enforcement officer he can
fill out the form for you, otherwise you might have to tow it in to the DMV
so that they can look at it.  I did this at the beginning of the year with a
Datsun that I purchased then and was able to get a title for the vehicle.
The other thing to keep in mind is that after five years the vehicle drops
out of the DMV system. Just remember to ask for the form at the DMV, once
you get it filled out go back and then you will be able to get a title.
Hope this helps you and maybe some of the other persons on the list.
Gerardo Magaqa
67.5 Solex SRL 311-00222