O/T Thanksgiving

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/T Thanksgiving
From: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 23:07:53 -0800
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Something happened last night that
got me thinking of what we have to be thankful for.

After a festive evening visiting several family members in San Francisco, me,
my wife, and my daughters were driving my sister-in-law home to Daly City
around 10:30 p.m. We took the Daly City offramp and found that it was blocked
by a CHP car 4 cars ahead of us. Traffic started piling up behind us. Some nut
had run across the freeway traffic, and the cop got there to block the
traffic. A few more cops came running by us with guns drawn. The nut ran
toward the cops firing a gun at them and the cops shot him dead with a barrage
of shots. This was a bit too close to the action for us!

Even though I'm guilty of poking fun at the highway patrol for sticking us
with speeding tickets, I'm very happy that they are out there protecting us,
too. I'm thankful that they took this guy out before he had a chance to shoot
at any cars on the freeway.

Thank you Highway Patrol,

Fred Katz - So.SF