RE: Grinders and polishers advice needed

To: "'VulForge@aol.com'" <VulForge@aol.com>, vlaury@earthlink.net,
Subject: RE: Grinders and polishers advice needed
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:02:58 -0800
To Russell and all,

Thanks for the feed back on this. I set up the machine yesterday afternoon
and it works acceptably. Pressing too hard will stop the wheel and that's
kind of a bummer. I put a double stack of 6'' spiral stitched buffs for the
Tripoli, double stack of 6'' loose cotton flannel for white rouge. Switched
the white rouge buffs for a 4'' sisal and emery and took the scratches out
of my original 1970 stainless steel gas cap. Not too shabby! I may still buy
another one even though it pretty easy to change out the buffs. I still want
something that turns a little slower to run some sanding wheels. I have a
wash machine motor so I'll keep my eyes peeled for an arbor to run with it.
I'm going to make up some stand cabinets to run everything of from. I'll use
the one Roman built for his buffs as a model.

To keep cross contamination down I keep the buffs in bags, marked for each
media and keep the media in the same bag. That way the Tripoli buff will
always be the Tripoli buff and the rouge buff will stay a rouge buff.