Re: Brake drum diameter

To: tnburns@zianet.com
Subject: Re: Brake drum diameter
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 07:42:00 -0700
Nik,

I just read my email today, so I apologize if someone has already
answered your question.  My Clymer book says the orginal dimension for
the brake drums is 9".  My Chilton book says the drums should not be
turned beyond 0.04".  That leaves a final dimension of 9.04".  You should
probably replace both drums.  As for the pedal height, that's a different
adjustment.  The pedal free play is adjusted by adding or removing shims
between the master cylinder and the firewall.  According to Chilton's,
the free play should be between 0.31 and 0.47".

Hope this helps.
Dan