Brake drum diameter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake drum diameter
From: Nik Burns <tnburns@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 18:38:23 -0700
Does anyone know what the brake drum diameter on a 1600 should be?  I had
the drums on my 66 and 69 measured, with the 66 coming out at 9.080" and
the 69 at 9.060".  I suspect the 9.080 is too much, as I have turned the
adjusters out to max, with all new parts on the rear, and the pedal still
goes to about 1 1/2" from the floorboard before there is any resistance.
The pedal on the 69 moves about 1" before I have resistance and that can be
changed with the rear brake adjusters.

If anyone knows what the diameter is, please post it.

Thanks,
Nik