Re: Those D A T S U N letters on the hood

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Subject: Re: Those D A T S U N letters on the hood
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:23:04 -0800
Hi Robert,

Any decent sign shop should have letters. However, they won't have the pegs
so you'll have to glue them on. Stationary stores might also supply block
letters. Most of the letters are plastic. If you hunt around, you may be
able to find some shiny metal letters.

Have you seen Tom Phelan's silver car? CDM did a superb job restoring it.
Rather than using the 3-D metal emblems, they added decal emblems. They're
really sharp looking. Perhaps you might want to try using decals. A long
time ago I used vinyl letters for the badging on my '68 2000. But it
doesn't last long, and in retrospect it looked tacky (hey, I was young then
and tried anything). Oh, what did I put on the car? Instead of "DATSUN
2000" I spelled out "DATSUN 200-Z". 'Cause everyone thought 240-Z's were
the only sportscar that Datsun made.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC