Re: FW: Ring Gear for Tilton Aluminum Flywheel

To: pdehmler@rochester.rr.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Ring Gear for Tilton Aluminum Flywheel
From: KWS711@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 02:07:21 EST
Speaking of aluminum flywheels, what's the concensus on these? Are they good
for a street car? Are there any vibration problems? Are you better off going
with a lightened stock flywheel?
Who out there is using them? I'm taking my 68 down soon to rebuild motor and
trans, and while it's apart, would like to upgrade if that's the way to go. I
know it allows the engine to rev quicker, but is there really that much of an
advantage?
Thanks for the info!!
Thanks also to all those who responded to my inquiry for fiberglass fenders.
Seems there's a lot of interest there. Increasing HP is not the only way to
better your power to weight ratio. I would definitely be interested in
replacement fenders.
Dennis, are you looking to have early, late or both models made? My
understanding is they aren't interchangeable. Keep us posted.

Kim
68 2000 CSP
NOWROC