Re: Re[2]: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:21:16 -0700
> A few times I've had the same problem with my starter. Although I whack it
> with a tire iron instead of whanging it (ouch). Mike Young told me that's a
> sign that the starter is about to fail and it's time to replace it. The
> only times it's happened to me is after long trips of driving the car hard
> so I guess heat may be a primary factor.
>
> Fred - So.SF
> '66 2L "Loosey"

Hiya Fred- you may be missing the critical distinction between whang and wang.
Whang is that sound you get when you hit an anvil with a sledge.  Your wang,
well, we won't discuss that here;-D

High heat makes sense - resistance goes up with temperature, so when things
are at their hottest, the connections are at their worst.  Whooooaaaa.... almost
a Zen thing <LOL>

Kyle
'69 2000 "Toad"