Cleaning Z wheels question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cleaning Z wheels question
From: "Mick T" <mickth@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 06:04:41 GMT
Hi,
  I'm going to be putting on a set of Z wheels that I have laying around, on
my roadster when I get it. It looks like there was a protective/plastic
coating/film on the wheel at one time. About half of it is peeling off,
which makes them look horrible. Has anyone ever cleaned this off before? Is
there a good aluminum cleaner that will get it off? or is there a product
that someone knows works on getting tough stuff off? or am I just looking at
alot of polishing and elbow grease ahead of me? Speaking of remover, how
about tar? Any good products out there for that?

-Mick-
Eugene