RE: Classic car insurance???

To: "'Ken Pearce'" <kpearce@engr.ukans.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Classic car insurance???
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:49:26 -0600
As mentioned by several others on the list.  Classic car insurance exists
and the rates are very reasonable.  I live in Alberta and use Royal
Sunalliance Insurance.  They provide full coverage for minimal dollars
versus the average collectable car value.  My old vette policy included
public liabiblity, public damage and $1,000,000 in comprehensive coverage.
I initially supplied photographs and a vehicle inspection (usually 50 to
75$).  The policy does restrict the annual distance travelled to ~2000
miles.  The short seasons and my relatively young family fit well with this.
I am not aware of any "younger" age limit but I'm well beyond that anyway.
The insurance broker usually asks for my mileage reading once a year at
policy renewal time but has never pressed the issue.  I have not been asked
to supply annual inspections.  Usually the initial photos give the broker a
good idea of the policy holders honesty.  Good Luck!  Larry.