Re: Working out the quirks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Working out the quirks
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:27:28 -0700
Gas odor: Check the breather hose on the top of the gas tank. You can see it if
you pull the
inspection plate in the trunk. This is the hose that vents the tank up through
the trunk floor next
to the filler hose. There's a metal fitting on the trunk floor, a rubber hose
up to the filler neck
a rubber hose between the tank and the trunk floor fitting. You could also be
leaking gas from
around the gas gauge sending unit.

Compression: 210-220 is pretty darn high. That's probably contributing to the
pinging. Are you
running a stock cam? What are your valves set at?

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org