New Seat Covers!! /Question

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Seat Covers!! /Question
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:11:08 -0600
Hey all-

What a beatiful weekend here in the midwest!  I wasn't able to spend that
much time on the car but I did receive my new seat covers for the low-back
seats out of my 67.  The covers look great and there was good attention to
detail in their construction!  I spent a little time today, prepping and
painting the old seat frame with POR-15-definitely needed it!  Tomorrow I
hope to get some 1/2 foam to build up the seat pad.  When I fitted the
covers to the frame and compared with the old covers, I did see one
discrepancy and this is where my question is.  On the old covers, there is a
wire sewn around the padded inset of the seat portion.  Originally,
indivdual wires were used to pull this wire down and consequently the center
section down, giving it definition and holding it tight.  My new covers did
not include the wire or a sewn in "pocket" to slide the wire through.  Of
those of you who have replaced covers before,  is this wire necessary to get
a nice, good looking fit?  After dropping the dough for the covers, I
definitely want to do it right!  The covers looks like they will go on
easily, but any suggestions or unseen problems is always appreciated!

Thanks!
Nathan