POR-15 (was: Rust)

To: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com
Subject: POR-15 (was: Rust)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:15:07 PST8PDT
Chris asks:
> I know that there was some discussion a while back on something called
> POR 15 (?) for the treatment of rust.  Is it a rust neutralizer?

POR-15 ('paint over rust') is a very tough paint that likes to adhere and
bond with rust. It is NOT a rust neutralizer or converter. It catalyzes
with moisture to seal and protect the surface. It is VERY durable, though
it can be scratched. If you paint a rusty gas tank with it, it will
actually seal pinholes!

Do NOT breathe this stuff. If you get it on your skin, it does NOT come
off - it'll 'wear' off in several days as your skin does its continual
shedding process.

Check out http://www.por15.com

-- John